Sunday, December 12, 2010

Why Would a God Cause a Good Person to Suffer?

So, I took a break from my current work of bringing to life the words resting inside my journal because I stumbled upon this:

The Scarlet Letter of Atheism
The Out Campaign: Scarlet Letter of Atheism
Stumbling upon this letter makes me think about the stigma it carries. I can handle myself with the faith vs. no faith type of conversations and laugh when religion is pushed at me. I have better morals (hey, you'll hear all about them in my next post) then religious people I know. But here is the most beautiful A I have seen.
As an Atheist, I never thought we should be wearing the Scarlet Letter. But I'm wearing it with pride. The same way I wear my permanent Atheist symbol behind my ear. :) See Below
If you want to add the Scarlett Letter of Atheism to your site:
you can find further directions on adding the Scarlett Letter of Atheism.

Being BiPolar and Atheist is interesting because sometimes - the idea of a higher power is pushed towards me. As if, some higher power is going to come and take all the pain away and cure my disease and fix the mishaps in my CNS. Either way, I still remain respectful toward other's religious faith. But they aren't for me.
I believe in myself. If I spent time believing in a higher power, that takes away from my energy better spent to help me handle my life struggles. Asking something I don't believe in for help is just silly. Sorry, but if I don't believe in myself - who will? And no, I don't believe in myself as a creator or something. I just believe I have the will and strength to survive through my BP and achieve my goals.
I discovered the tattoo Atheist symbol here: http://athterisk.org/
It has a very humanistic meaning and that is why I chose it. We Atheist have never been able to agree on a symbol.
I mean no disrespect to anyone religious who may read this. Think of it like when you have a cross on your webpage. You don't have it there for a disrespectful reason. You are just representing your faith. Well, I am just representing the facts I gained through studying different subjects and knowing the reality of factual knowledge.

-xoxo
"Faith is Doubt." -Emily Dickinson

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think your post was very respectful. I am what I call a free lance Christian. I believe that many Christians preach Jesus and tolerance but never practice it. They instead go around thumping their Bible and disrespecting the rights of others to be homosexual or believe another way. Sorry to rant but I just can't stand the hypocritical.

I think you may enjoy another blog by an Atheist who suffers from depression http://thedepressedreader.blogspot.com/